Mould produces air born mould spores which can increase particles in an indoor environment.
Whenever particles are increased in an indoor environment such as smoke, pollen and dust, health affects can occur and you should seek advice from a medical professional.
Some adverse health effects are:
• Respiratory irritation
• Eye irritation
• Skin irritation
People who do get effected by mould can make a full recovery following the removal and treatment of the contamination.
The term “toxic mould” such as Stachybotrys chartarum (S. chart arum) commonly known as black mould is inaccurate.
Hazards presented by moulds that may produce mycotoxins should be considered the same as other common moulds which can grow in your house.
There is always a little mould everywhere – in the air and on many surfaces. There are very few reports that toxigenic moulds found inside homes can cause unique or rare health conditions such as pulmonary haemorrhage or memory loss.
These case reports are rare, and a causal link between the presence of the toxigenic mould and these conditions has not been proven.” (reference https://www.cdc.gov/mold/stachy.htm)
Decontamination Specialists have the solution.
- Identify if you potentially have a mould problem via visual inspection or can recommend an independent company to carry out a laboratory test.
- Identify the source (where is it coming from and what is causing it). If you just treat the surface you can immediately see, you may not be solving the problem and the mould may return.
- Treat the mould following procedures by a trained Goldmorr master technician.
- Attend to the cause. This could be by repairing a leak, insulating, ventilating or extracting, heating or by understanding simple procedures to minimise the risk of further mould growth.
DS Restoration Technicians have
- Goldmorr certification
- IICRC certification
- Specialised tools and equipment
- Knowledge to minimise removal of materials to save on restoration costs
Call us as soon as possible. Mould will continue to grow until it is treated correctly.
We specialise in repairing and restoring your damaged home.
We focus on providing exceptional service, customised to your needs and most importantly leave you a clean, safe environment you or your tenants can call home.